Black-Eyed Susan along the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail

Black-Eyed Susan along the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail

Friday, July 4, 2014

A helping hand

Yesterday I was taking photos of the flowers at CR 43 and east to Shipshewana. When I was finished, I stopped at the CR 43 rest room and discovered that there was no toilet paper there. There were four holders, but no paper. I saw many people on the trail and thinking about the forthcoming three-day holiday weekend, I decided it was a bad idea not to have any toilet paper in the restroom, so I emailed the Elkhart County Park Dept. to tell them about the situation. As I drove home, it occurred to me that at that time of day -- 3:30 p.m. on the day before a holiday -- it might be difficult for someone from the park department to run out with toilet paper, so I head west on US 20 to the CVS pharmacy, bought a 16-roll pack of toilet paper and went back and put in four rolls. It will be interesting to see how many are still there when we ride back that way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment