Black-Eyed Susan along the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail

Black-Eyed Susan along the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail

Monday, April 30, 2012

Red-Tailed Hawk along the PV

I was exploring the construction between CR 35 and CR 37 on Friday, April 28 when I saw a huge hawk walking along the fence. It had to be one of the largest bird's I've ever seen. I stopped and took a few photos. When I got close, it just hopped away, which I thought was unusual. I expected it to fly away.  I rode away up the trail and 20 minutes later, when I came back, it was still there.  That's when I took the picture of its back that has a small red secton of tail. I'm no birder, so I'm not positive it is a red-tail, but my guess is that it it.  Here are the photos I took from about 15 feed away. I blew them up.  Red-Tailed Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment