- Walk or ride on your favorite trail.
- Try a new one trail with a different bike.
- If you normally walk on your favorite trail, try biking. If you normally bike, try walking. You'll see the trail at a different pace and perhaps in a new way.
- Organize a group to ride a trail together. End up at an ice cream shop.
- Contribute to a local trails group, e.g., Friends of the Pumpkinvine
- Post photos of the trail on Google Earth. (The photo can't contain recognizable people.)
- Pick up litter along a trail.
- Join a national trails group like Rails-to-Trail Conservancy or American Hiking Society.
- Write an email or letter of thanks to the managers of local trails. For the Pumpkinvine, that list would be:
- Volunteer to help with a trail event like the Pumpkinvine Bike Ride.
Friday, May 31, 2013
Tomorrow is National Trails Day, a designation promoted by the American Hiking Society. Here are 10 ways to show your support of trails tomorrow.
Posted by John Yoder at 2:30 PM